[serval-project-dev] Using an existing mesh network to extend the range of serval

Jonathan Lahav j.lahav at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 00:51:38 PST 2012

@Alex
Building servald now is just like building any other OpenWrt package. I
used the OpenWrt documentations and the Makefile which can be found in
serval-dna's github repo.

Some guidance:
Here is the Makefile:
https://github.com/servalproject/serval-dna/tree/master/openwrt
The documentations I used to create the build environment:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/about/toolchain

If you follow the documentation you will build the entire OpenWrt firmware.
When you are almost done, add servald's Makefile to where all the other
Makefiles are, and run menuconfig. Menuconfig's index will be updated and
servald would be added as an option. Just check it, and make again, then
servald will be built.

Notes:

   - It should be possible to build the package without building OpenWrt
   using their SDK. I tried it and failed, but you may have more luck. Here it
   is: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/obtain.firmware.sdk
   - Building OpenWrt takes a long time. Be prepared.

I'm attaching a binary version of servald which should be compatible with
Attitude Adjustment and the version of Serval for android Jeremy posted
here before. You can give it a shot and see if it runs before trying to
build it yourself.

----- End forwarded message -----