[p2p-hackers] what is on topic

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Nov 6 21:11:26 PST 2012

On 2012-11-07 11:02 AM, Changaco wrote:
> If you believe what I'm "proposing" is impossible in a P2P network, why
> do you bother answering ?

Because people like you have murdered over a hundred million people like
me, and done so with a lordly glow of moral superiority and with the
glowing endorsement of the New  York Times and Harvard university.

Hence that pious smugness disgusts me.   It is not the technical details
that are off topic, as the piety and moral superiority.

If the global "fairness" of a scheme is on topic, then what constitutes
global fairness is on topic.  Therefore the "fairness" of a scheme should
not be on topic.

Bitcoin is intended as a more readily transportable substitute for gold,
thus the economic history of the gold standard, and the various financial
instruments built on top of gold is on topic.

Whether gold or those financial instruments oppressed the poor or unduly
advantaged the Jews is not on topic.  Economic history of gold is on
topic, political history of gold is off topic.  Economics 101 is on topic.
That economics 101 sounds suspiciously reactionary and supposedly oppressed
the poor is off topic.

----- End forwarded message -----