[p2p-hackers] Distributed filesystem choices (aka: none yet?)

ianG iang at iang.org
Fri Mar 23 20:05:28 PDT 2012

On 24/03/12 03:41 AM, Michael Rogers wrote:
> On 22/03/12 23:41, James A. Donald wrote:
>> Repeating: You pseudonymously store other people's stuff, using a nym
>> that gains reputation thereby, and anonymously store your stuff on other
>> people's systems, using a nym with no reputation.
>
> Hi James,
>
> This is an intriguing idea, but I don't understand how cancelling out
> cycles of IOUs (which sounds very much like PledgeRoute, is that right?)
> can be combined with Chaumian mixing of IOUs.

He means Chaumian blinding protocol for transferring a single IOU from
Alice to Bob.  A Chaum blinded transfer ensures that the issuer Ivan
cannot trace the transfer from Alice to Bob, in this case it gives
untraceability (as opposed to anonymity or psuedonymity).

(I suspect...)

Chaumian mixing is a completely different thing to Chaum's blinding formula.

iang

----- End forwarded message -----