[cryptography] [info] The NSA Is Building the Countrybs Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)

Marsh Ray marsh at extendedsubset.com
Sat Mar 24 00:29:30 PDT 2012

On 03/24/2012 01:28 AM, J.A. Terranson wrote:

> Ahhhhh... Probably not.  Think Jim Bell et al.   I suspect it is far more
> likely that the vast majority of subscribers here are listed in the
> Potentially Dangerous category, if not the flat out Budding Terrorist
> label.

Oh good grief. Do you even know how many subscribers this list has? If
not, one shouldn't make such a statement without basis. The subscriber
count wasn't public last I checked (today). Perhaps Jack Lloyd will tell
us.

My guess is the majority of subscribers hardly ever post. Of those who do,
many are noted academics, professional engineers, industry executives,
public speakers, and others of good repute.

If you're looking for someplace to feel subversive around, this isn't it.
Crypto is a mainstream engineering discipline these days, and one greatly
needed by modern civilization.

Can we kill this thread now please?

- Marsh

----- End forwarded message -----