[tahoe-dev] Safely defined.

Ted Rolle, Jr. stercor at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:31:09 PDT 2012

Brian:  Define safely.

I'm in a volunteer grid.  Bulletproof code is important for reliability.
This does _not_ reflect your coding ability.

It's a characteristic of large systems.  I've written large systems and
had unintended consequences from "small, harmless, guaranteed-to-work"
changes.  But, we didn't have a testing environment as complete as
Tahoe-LAFS has.  If new code passes the testing suite, it's most
probably clean.

Change of mind: I like to be on the cutting edge.  I'll put the new code
into place when it's someone says its safe to do so.

Thanks for all your work,

Ted

----- End forwarded message -----