PeerPoint (building-a-distributed-decentralized-internet at googlegroups.com)

Poor Richard poor.ricardo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 21:48:19 PDT 2012

Hi Isaac.

I've just subscribed to the p2p-hackers list and I'm reaching out to all
the other groups and projects that have been mentioned. I've also been
invited to post the PeerPoint proposal on the P2P Foundation Blog.

The idea is to invite a wider community to crowdsource further evolution of
the specs. I added an intro to the specs that I and others can easily email
with the link to the full doc:

Greets, p2p peeps!

> PeerPoint is an evolving crowdsourced design specification for a suite of
> integrated peer-to-peer applications to include (but not limited to) social
> networking, real-time project collaboration, content management, database
> management, voting, trust/reputation metrics, complementary currency, crowd
> funding, etc. This specification overlaps with many existing p2p
> infrastructure and social networking projects but also goes substantially
> beyond anything yet existing. Members of other projects are encouraged to
> participate in further developing the open PeerPoint specs and to adopt any
> part of the specs that they can use.
>
> To participate in developing this specification, please join the Next Net
> Google Group<https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21forum/building-a-distributed-decentralized-internet>and read the PeerPoint
> topic.<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/building-a-distributed-decentralized-internet/catpnppl-tI/lvPuIz3HYDgJ><https://groups.google.com/d/msg/building-a-distributed-decentralized-internet/catpnppl-tI/lvPuIz3HYDgJ>

 I am not actually trying to start another development project. PeerPoint
is an open, high-level functional specification for where I think all the
open p2p projects are eventually heading as a group. I want to get as many
of those current projects as I can to participate in evolving the PeerPoint
spec further and adding increasing levels of detail that are beyond my
competence.

Any suggestions?

PR

----- End forwarded message -----