U.S. spy agencies ... email for cybersecurity

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Tue Jul 10 10:42:13 PDT 2012

<snip 100% bullshit from USG>

> But the U.S. government is also concerned about the possibility of a cyber
> attack from adversaries on critical infrastructure such as the power grid or
> transportation systems.

(1) Whatever happened to simple concepts [and basic best
practices] like airgapping?

(2) Despite _not_ having this kind of BS law in place yet (that we know of
anyway, seeing as we now have secret laws<fsck!>), there hasn't been much
of a problem backtracking major malware outbreaks as far back as the early
aughts.  This crap about "wire speed" is pretty flimsy misdirection, even
for the USG.

(2) Payback's a bitch. And it must hurt even more to know that your
enemies are going to reverse engineer your own malware (stux et al) for
return flights.  Maybe we should focus on the actual issue: getting our
noses [and arms] out of the rest of the worlds businesses [and backyards].

//Alif

--
Those who make peaceful change impossible,
make violent revolution inevitable.

An American Spring is coming:
   one way or another.