[drone-list] EFF and MuckRock partner to find out about US drone use

Trevor Timm trevor at eff.org
Tue Jul 3 11:59:28 PDT 2012

Hey folks,

We just launched a new facet of our campaign to find out how local US
police agencies are using drones. We are partnering with MuckRock to
file public records requests with every police agency already on the
drone authorization list we got from the FAA via our Freedom of
Information Act lawsuit.

MuckRock also has an easy-to-use system where users can also file their
own requests with their local agencies that aren't on the list, but
which may be in the process of acquiring drones.

Our post announcing the project is here:
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/07/eff-and-muckrock-partner-see-how-your-local-police-are-using-drones

And MuckRock's announcement is here:
https://www.muckrock.com/news/archives/2012/jul/03/drone-watch-help-eff-and-muckrock-uncover-planned-/

Hope you enjoy.

Best,
Trevor

--
Trevor Timm
Activist
trevor at eff.org
415.436.9333 ext. 104
www.eff.org
454 Shotwell Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

Defending your civil liberties in the digital world.

Should you need to change your subscription options, please go to:

If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click above) next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?"

You will need the user name and password you receive from the list moderator in monthly reminders.

Should you need immediate assistance, please contact the list moderator.

----- End forwarded message -----