[drone-list] NYT: How much UAV surveillance are you comfortable with?

Nabiha Syed nabiha.syed at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 06:57:13 PST 2012

I'm not sure that legal protections are quite there yet -- for the public
space/privacy doctrine reasons Ryan Calo pointed out in the NYT article --
but I suppose here's one way to block unwanted
drones<http://gizmodo.com/5886013/hunters-shoot-animal-rights-drone-out-of-the-sky>...!
(Yikes.)

Nabiha

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM, M Edward Borasky <znmeb at znmeb.net> wrote:

> The question is not "How Much Am I Comfortable With?" It's "What
> actions can I *legally* take to protect my privacy? I'm guessing I
> can't block law enforcement drones or interfere with them in any way,
> but private sector operation over my property is quite another matter.
>
> --
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb Data Journalism Developer Studio
> 2012LX http://j.mp/DJDS2012LX
>
> "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- Paul
> ErdEs
>
> If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click
> above) next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily
> digest?"
>
> You will need the user name and password you receive from the list
> moderator in monthly reminders.
>
> Should you need immediate assistance, please contact the list moderator.

Should you need to change your subscription options, please go to:

----- End forwarded message -----