[liberationtech] Modern FIDONET for net disable countries?

Peter Fein pete at wearpants.org
Sun Dec 30 12:05:14 PST 2012

I & some other Telecomix agents have discussed using a local Usenet (NNTP)
for exactly this purpose a few times since Tahrir. Run it off a liveCD +
adhoc wifi or OpenWRT, with web gateway interface (so random users can
participate without needing to install software). Long distance backhaul by
dialup modem or motorcycle courier w/ USB stick. Rather than trying to
build in centralized security/identity, force everything to
anonymity/pseudonymity (the 4chan model).

You don't need the access to the global Internet to organize your city...

----- End forwarded message -----