[liberationtech] Mailvelope: OpenPGP Encryption for Webmail

Karel BĂ­lek kb at karelbilek.com
Tue Dec 11 06:21:13 PST 2012

OK, I just REALLY want to thank you right now.

We will have a small talk when we will want to demonstrate how to
easily use mail encryption with popular clients

we found out that none of us lecturers even use thunderbird, let alone
knows how to set up the encryption. all of use use webmails. we
suppose our audience does, too.

for this, mailvelope is AWESOME. It "just works".

it has one big downside though.... it doesn't support UTF8 in either
name of key owner OR in the message itself (it totally mangles all
UTF8 input). if you speak with a language that has diacritics (we
speak Czech), it sucks a bit.

small downside - it doesn't encrypt attachment and doesn't (AFAIK)
sign the messages.

but if they catch all these issues, it will be great