Assange-WikiLeaks Crypto Arms Call Triple Cross

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Mon Dec 10 13:04:06 PST 2012

Cryptome has published more on Assange and WikiLeaks
than any other source except for WikiLeaks itself. Few have
examined the initiative's whole body of material and promotional
enterprise. Now that Assange has cloaked himself and the
three others in the cypherpunks/cryptography mantle I think
his shit-storm is coming this way.

I agree with putting distance between what has happened in
cypherpunks Vegas from what is brewing in DoJ. More of
that is probably a good thing. That was the purpose of the
screed against Assange's insurance entrapment via weak
crypto meant to be cracked with leak-fed access.

For edification read the JA-WL behavior in the fuller context
of cypherpunks and forget the easily dismissed summary.

Assange is playing the cypherpunks card for a purpose that
deserves scrutiny if for no other reason than to avoid being
sucked into his practice of taking credit for wins and shifting
blame to others when the chips are down. That is why he
proclaims to be a privileged journalist after years of disparaging
the corruption of that crowd.

Cypherpunks/cryptography vaunting may be part of a past,
present or future plea arrangement or more likely a
turning of the coat. Where else has this been better
predicted than on cypherpunks, yay, even encouraged
to cut the deal of ratting on colleagues.