Assange-WikiLeaks Crypto Arms Call Triple Cross

Ted Smith tedks at riseup.net
Wed Dec 5 20:09:29 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-05 at 20:04 -0800, Greg Broiles wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Cincinnatus <cincinnatus at lavabit.com>
> wrote:
>         Everyone respects John for what he does, but it's clear the
>         cheese has
>         slipped further off his cracker in the last couple years.
>          It's saddening.
>
> While I imagine John appreciates the plausible deniability provided by
> the possibility of mental illness or declining faculties (cf. Uncle
> Junior), I think you're failing to appreciate the opportunity here to
> watch a master at work. It's all part of the show, right? John
> understands the long game (long con?) better than most.

Well, there are the following options:

      * John plays at level 0: he is insane
      * John plays at level 1: he is sane, pretending to be insane, and
        we are deceived by this (in this world, you play at level 2,
        Greg)

But it's also possible for a mask to lie beneath the mask, for him to be
insane pretending to be sane pretending to be insane. And so on and so
forth all the way down the rabbit hole.

I'm sure if we asked him what level he played at, he'd only respond "one
level higher than you."

It's definitely a great show.

--
Sent from Ubuntu