[liberationtech] /. ITU Approves Deep Packet Inspection

Christian Fuchs christian.fuchs at uti.at
Wed Dec 5 10:27:27 PST 2012

If this approval by the ITU is true - then it is no surprise at all, but
what one would expect. What else has the ITU in the past ever been than an
instrument that supports capitalist interests and commodification of the
ICT and telecommunications industries?

DPI can advance large-scale monitoring of citizens by the state-capital
complex that is connected by a right-wing state ideology of fighting crime
and terror by massive use of surveillance technologies and a neoliberal
ideology of capitalist organisations that want to make a profit out of
surveillance and want to hinder the undermining of intellectual property
rights.
See this:
Christian Fuchs: Implications of Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) Internet
Surveillance for Society.
http://www.projectpact.eu/documents-1/%231_Privacy_and_Security_Research_Paper_Series.pdf

Best, CF

----- End forwarded message -----