[drone-list] monitoring reserve parks in DRC Congo

Gregory Foster gfoster at entersection.org
Thu Aug 30 20:28:15 PDT 2012

Hi Chris,
A couple of projects come to mind.

The Satellite Sentinel Project is using imagery collected by DigitalGlobe
satellites to monitor war crimes in Sudan and South Sudan.  It might be
worth reaching out to them to discuss their approach.  I believe Jonathan
Hutson
<http://www.enoughproject.org/content/jonathan-hutson-director-communications>
[ @JonHutson <http://twitter.com/JonHutson> ] may be subscribed to this
list.
http://satsentinel.org/

It also might be worthwhile to check in with the OpenRelief project to see
what kind of progress they've made.  Although their focus is disaster
relief, it seems like the sensor package they're working on could be
adapted for other uses:
http://www.openrelief.org/

And a search turned up Unmanned Aerial Vehicles - East Africa, which
appears to provide UAVs for sale or hire, though I couldn't identify their
physical location.  They specifically advertise support for environmental
monitoring and appear to have a fairly sophisticated offering including
mission planning software:
http://uaveastafrica.wordpress.com/uav-uses/environmental-monitoring/

gf

Gregory Foster || gfoster at entersection.org
@gregoryfoster <> http://entersection.com/

Should you need to change your subscription options, please go to:

----- End forwarded message -----