[drone-list] Wired on future US military war gaming

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Wed Aug 29 11:21:57 PDT 2012

This appears more of the long-running bedazzlement of the public
which war gaming and futuristic toy-like killiing and harming gadgets
was invented to do. If Wired had no criticism of this it should be ashamed.
As should Brookings a once ethical organization.

Wired might give up its threat level strutting and turn to more civilizing
coverage, with less war porn. Sure readers will have to weaned from
the narcotic of play with yourself war and that will be tough with the
rise of masturbatory digital gaming so essential to train gullible
warriors to do what no sane person would do if they visited VA
hospitals grotesqueries instead of TV-watching bury-the-evidence
glorification cemetaries.

Drone pilots are as evil as SEALs and special ops in their willing
participation in political PR stunts of murdering innocents under
orders from distancing executive branch officers. War gamers
and gadget inventors and their media-amoralists are shamelessly
exploiting the WMD heritage of amoral technology and propaganda
aided by NGOs as diabolcial as GOs camouflaged by national
security inviolable sacred cow protected by secrecy.

US titanic export of arms pays for these diverting games and these
obsequious media dressed in hipster cammies, Perhaps unwrite
this very list of friendly fire.

At 10:31 AM 8/29/2012, you wrote:
> Wired (Aug 24) - "From Bug Drones to Disease Assassins, Super Weapons
> Rule U.S. War Game" by <http://twitter.com/daxe>@daxe:
> <http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/08/future-warfare/all/>http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/08/future-warfare/all/
>
> Drones feature prominently in all of the mid-future war gaming scenarios
> presented, including insectoid, tire-eating drone swarms deployed to
> disable the vehicles of enemy combatants.B  It is assumed that the
> drones of 2025 will have much greater autonomy and be deployed in much
> greater numbers.
>
> The war gaming event was organized by an Australian consulting firm,
> <http://www.noeticgroup.com/>The Noetic Group.B  Yet it seems to have
> been run in conjunction with the Brookings Institution; John V, do you
> have any insight?B  Two representatives from Brookings are mentioned in
> the article, Peter W. Singer [
> <http://twitter.com/peterwsinger>@peterwsinger ] and Allan Friedman [
> <http://twitter.com/allanfriedman>@allanfriedman ].B  Mr. Singer is an
> interesting fellow, and a prominent voice in a CBC documentary I watched
> recently and highly recommend, Remote Control War.
> <http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/doczone/2011/remotecontrolwar/>http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/doczone/2011/remotecontrolwar/
>
> gf
>
> --
> Gregory Foster || <mailto:gfoster at entersection.org>gfoster at entersection.org
> @gregoryfoster <>
> <http://entersection.com/>http://entersection.com/_______________________________________________

> If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click
> above) next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily
> digest?"
>
> You will need the user name and password you receive from the list
> moderator in monthly reminders.
>
> Should you need immediate assistance, please contact the list moderator.

Should you need to change your subscription options, please go to:

----- End forwarded message -----