[ZS] Fwd: Announcement: Diaspora* Will Now Be A Community Project

Bryce Lynch virtualadept at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 07:36:54 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Dirk Bruere <dirk.bruere at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are still nowhere near getting a crucial piece of ZS infrastructure
> - the geographically based skills/business exchange we could integrate
> with LETS. The fact that there is no off the shelf s/w or social site
> that does this either means there is no market for it, or there is a
> huge opportunity. Or maybe I have simply never heard of it.

Thinking back to an article Douglas Rushkoff wrote a while back, let's
see what's out there...

Established gratis orgs that already do this:

http://www.ces.org.za/index.asp#_blank
https://hourworld.org/

Open Source Currency: https://github.com/oscurrency/oscurrency
Based on Rails, F/OSS timebanking software.

Community Forge: http://communityforge.net/
Based on Drupal, implements LETS.

Ripple: https://ripplepay.com/
Track obligations through a socnet.