[HacDC:Byzantium] Pie-in-the-sky potential...

Andrew Lewis andrew at pdqvpn.com
Sat Aug 18 01:16:56 PDT 2012

FWIW some people that hang around Telecomix might also be interested in collaboration on stuff outside of just regular Byzantium. I also know that there are some people doing space stuff that we can reach out to, via the DARPA funding for hackerspaces and Space. I think that Byzantium is a very cool subproject that loops into a whole slew of mesh networking projects that can build an ecosystem of communication gear that can be put together in a hurry. I think that the community might be reaching critical mass where we start to integrate all this stuff.

As an aside, it blew my mind that for $20k you could build a blue force/situational awareness system for a 20 kilometer radius using mesh networking. Byzantium should really look at integrating serval-maps project, as it can do some really cool stuff with mapping.

Andrew

----- End forwarded message -----