Any Idea About Spectrum-DMR-104-1 ?!

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Thu Aug 16 12:39:12 PDT 2012

In a message written on Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 11:30:40PM +0430, Shahab Vahabzadeh wrote:
> Dear Owen,
> Thanks for your reply, in reply to your factors:
>
> 1. 1~2 Kilometers
> 2. PTP
> 3. Directional
> 4. 29db Dish (single or dual)

I know someone already pointed you to the product, but that just
screams like what you want is the Ubiquity airFiber product.  You
should easily get near the max 1.4Gbps throughput at 1-2km if you
have clear line of site.  It's "plug and play", in that you should
have to do very mimimal tuning to get that performance.  Mostly
making sure the two units are aligned properly.

I've not gotten a quote myself, but the Internet forums suggest the
gear is $3k for a single link (so two units).  Just to do high quality
801.11n with dish antennas would probably cost $1k or more.

The 24Ghz band they use should be worldwide license free (check with
your country) and also have less interference than the 5Ghz band.

http://www.ubnt.com/airfiber

----- End forwarded message -----