[ZS] IMPORTANT: Delegation, decentralization, personal initiative & flying the ZS flag

Bryce Lynch virtualadept at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 06:39:35 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Dirk Bruere <dirk.bruere at gmail.com> wrote:

> In which case TOR is going to be a very minority interest, except for
> very occasional use.
> In fact, I cannot think of any instance where I have needed such
> anonymity over the past decade

Please keep in mind the following things:

An increasing number of world powers (i.e., goverments) are deploying
hardware at both the ISP and the national levels of communications
infrastructure which are capable of monitoring the traffic of
thousands of people in realtime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week,
year 'round.

There is no shortage of manufacturers of this hardware and software:
http://werebuild.telecomix.org/wiki/Blue_cabinet

Surveillance deployment in the Middle East is on the mind of many,
chiefly because they think it can't happen where they live.  It
already has happened where they live.  The country I live in - the
United States - deployed this functionality over a decade ago and has
gone to incredible lengths to keep it not only unaccountable but safe
from any sort of oversight or legal interdiction.  The only reason
this is known is a pair of whistleblowers who are now nearly as hot
targets as Julian Assange is these days.  Depending on whom you talk
to, Great Britain either has plans in the works for, or already has
implemented the Interception Modernisation Programme, which is
designed to carry out exactly the same tasks for the same reasons.
Same with Sweden, and there is absolutely no reason at all to think
that other countries did not do precisely the same thing years ago.
This equipment's been on the market for over a decade to whomever can
pay for it.

We are attempting to bootstrap a transnational social state, unbound
by political or geographic boundries, making use of and pushing the
envelope of bleeding edge technology, and functioning more or less in
parallel with everything else.  That is not only highly unusual, but
in a time of amazing paranoia and fear it is extremely suspicious.

By "amazing paranoia and fear," I refer to the following groups that
have been investigated (and occasionally infiltrated) because they are
considered potential terrorist threats: Vegan cooking classes in
California, the War Resisters League, Code Pink, the Rhode Island
Community Coalition for Peace, Food Not Bombs (which is de facto
illegal in Florida now), the People's Summit (held in 2008), the Free
Mumia Abu-Jamal Coalition, a couple of pro-Palestinian organizers (I
have an interesting video squirreled away about that), the Critical
Mass Bike Ride, the New York sports club Extreme-Goers, anti-death
penalty groups in Maryland...

To think that we're not on someone's radar already is folly; we
already are whether or not the humans in the same orbit as the
technology are aware of it yet.

<waves to Ft. Meade>

If we don't start following through with our plans now, pretty soon it
won't matter.

--
The Doctor [412/724/301/703] [ZS]
https://drwho.virtadpt.net/