[serval-project-dev] Progress towards 0.07 release

Paul Gardner-Stephen paul at servalproject.org
Mon Nov 21 18:05:50 PST 2011

Hi all,

I'm back from South Africa and next on the agenda is taking 0.07RC1
and making an actual 0.07 release.

I have been looking through the outstanding issues for this release,
and the following list seems to be the show-stoppers:

0000029	wifi clients may drop broadcast packets
0000098	preparing information sent back to project for display
0000002	Handset auto-detection needs fixing
0000127	java.lang.NullPointerException : SetupActivity.setAvailableWifiModes()
0000131	When operating in AP-Client modes, AP can not be called
0000141	Experimental scripts may be run and crash the software (or
phone) on install

(or visit http://tinyurl.com/6rqq78s if you are registered with our bugtracker).

29 and 131 are interrelated, and should be fairly easy to fix with a
bit of creativity to get around handsets that don't receive broadcast
packets when their screens are off when in wifi client mode (often
turning the wifi off and on again after the screen goes off fixes it,
or we could think of a creative way to use unicast packets in this
situation).

98 just needs double checking that we indeed do not send any data
about a users handset back without user consent.  This data is used to
help us add support for hithero unsupported handsets. This should have
been fixed upstream very early on, but we just want to be sure.

2 is more of a catch all for the wifi-autodetection stuff, and
probably just depends on 141 being fixed to allow 0.07 to release.

That just leaves 127, which it would be good if someone could try to reproduce.

Are there any other issues that people can think of that we must fix for 0.07?

Are there any volunteers to tackle one or more of these issues?

Paul.

----- End forwarded message -----