[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox featured on CBS News

info at freedomboxfoundation.org info at freedomboxfoundation.org
Mon Mar 7 18:48:29 PST 2011

Greetings,

CBS news has posted video of its report on this Sunday's CBS Evening
News Weekend on the FreedomBox[1], a software movement I have been
organizing to return control of digital communications to individuals
and take it away from the corporations that spy on people as a way of
life and the governments that use control over communications to stifle
political organization and dissent. Given the ongoing events in the
Middle East, and in particular the shutdown of Internet in Libya last
week, I wanted to bring this story to your attention.

The Foundation we built to support this movement has raised over $80,000
online through Kickstarter in the last 19 days[2], with 11 still to go
in the first fund raising drive. More information on the project is
available from the foundation's website: http://freedomboxfoundation.org

Best wishes,

Eben Moglen

[1] http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7358702n