<nettime> BBC E-mail: Secret agents raid webcam artist

lodewijk andré de la porte lodewijkadlp at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 13:53:47 PDT 2011

This kind fellow collected full facial images when people couldn't have
suspected it. Some argue it's a place where people couldn't reasonably
expect not to have been photographed, a store doesn't have to be a public
place however and making the images publicly accessible (via his website
where people could comment on individual pictures) is something even worse.

His practice is most likely illegal and I can't quite say I like it either.

The only thing strange about it is secret service investigating the case.
Can't say he did something to the treasury and I think it would've been big
news if he caught the president (or the likes) in one of the shots.

The EFF's legal advice should always be requestable. I hope not, however,
that the EFF will take sides with the photographer.

Lewis