About Maj. Variola, Ret...

Sampo Syreeni decoy at iki.fi
Mon Jul 4 16:32:15 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-04, J.A. Terranson wrote:

> Someone please correct my memory if it's wrong, but didn't Variola
> post a signed statement to the effect of "Maj. Variola, Ret. is/was a
> multiple-person account", which had been either compromised or revoked
> or otherwise to be considered null and void?

Was there a digsig behind M.Vr's posts? If there was, has it been
revoked? If not, take it as it is. If it has been revoked, forget about
the post. If there's no digsig but used to be, forget.

And so on.

> I ask because I distinctly remember *some* pseudonymous acct. doing
> it, and memory says it was Variola - yet Variola continues to be used
> as a nym by at least one person.

If there was no digsig to begin with, Variola should re-establish his
credentials using other means, no? Till then, you should probably
disregard him? No? ;)
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - decoy at iki.fi, http://decoy.iki.fi/front
+358-50-5756111, 025E D175 ABE5 027C 9494 EEB0 E090 8BA9 0509 85C2