Bad Mojo Day Redux: Robert Morris dead at 84 [was RIP Len Sassaman]

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 10:42:09 PDT 2011

Yeah, just saw an obit on BoingBoing which was why I dialed-in to the
Cypherpunks cortege.

Sucks.

> Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 03:47:17 -0500
> From: measl at mfn.org
> To: eugen at leitl.org
> CC: cypherpunks at al-qaeda.net; info at postbiota.org
> Subject: Bad Mojo Day Redux: Robert Morris dead at 84 [was RIP Len
Sassaman]

> On Sun, 3 Jul 2011, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
> > http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2723959
>
> Horrific news, as I am certain everyone here will agree.  Len was a
> one-off who will be urgently missed on a daily basis for generations to
> come.  Len "Wrote Code", "Ran Code", and everything else in-between.
> Never refusing a request for help, he gave more of himself on an average
> day than many give of themselves in decades.  Peace out Len.
>
> Immediately on the heels of Len's earthshattering newsquake comes the
> first aftershock: Robert Morris is [finally?] dead at 78.  At least
> Morris got to finish most if not all of his meal before he checked out:

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/07/03/news/mathematician-and-cryptographer-ro
bert-morris-dies-helped-launch-unix/?ref=latest

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/robert-morris-a-developer-of-u
nix-dies-at-78/2011/06/30/AG5PwbsH_story.html