Question about (cypher)Twitter

silky michaelslists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 03:36:37 PST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Tyler Durden <camera_lumina at hotmail.com> wrote:

> RSS is OK, better than nothing, but in many situations (ie, with dumbphones
> or where conditions are rapidly changing), a pull model has some distinct
> disadvantages to twitter's push model. Or am I missing something? Seems both
> real time as well as anonymity are hard to do in this context. (I'm assuming
> that if a twitfeed is sent to an RSS-iator, then authorities could see that
> and then find who is subscribing to the RSS.)

Subscribing, though, only takes place on the readers side. That is,
it's just as if you were visiting it anyway. So, just don't subscribe,
and view it every so often. What you need, though, is some strategy
that means if the attacker visits the same rss feed, then they don't
get the same information. Or, the information they get is not useful
to them. So, you need some sort of encoding yahoo pipe as well. But
that's probably possible.

--
silky