[P2P-F] Bitcoin donation

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 04:48:44 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:14 AM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ok, I get it, so there are people out there actually wanting to 'buy'
> bitcoins, and I wasn't aware of that, and obviously, this needs to be bought
> and expressed by another existing currency, hence the 'value'

Yes, from what I can tell, *now* the best way to get bitcoins is to
buy them. However, it seems based on reading online discussions that
in the earliest days of bitcoin activity, that it was a bit easier to
contribute your personal computer power to the network and "generate"
coins. Now, it the calculations are over a year for a typical laptop
(ref: http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php )

A whole history of trading can be  viewed here: https://mtgox.com/trade/history

Again, I think there is only one real issue with bitcoin: that it is a
homogenous currency. I am looking at the idea of soliciting donations
towards extending bitcoin software so that users may either issue new
currency (with new rules), or participate in existing currencies all
from the same protocol/software.

>>> http://futureforwardinstitute.org
>>> http://hollymeadcapital.com
>>> http://p2pfoundation.net