Alleged Wikileaks Use of P2P to Siphon Documents

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Jan 20 07:52:37 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:37:20AM -0500, John Young wrote:
> Is the report below both technologically and legally credible or just

Publishing via an anonymous Internet connection directly to P2P
makes sense, and scanning for such information does also make
sense, as you can't notify Wikileaks about a document published
without drawing even more scrutiny to you.

Whether this is happening, or the Tiversa is just being a blowhard
will be difficult to say without further evidence, either from WL
or from Tiversa.

> typical cybersecrurity farting for news coverage? What are the P2P
> Hackers saying about it?

P2P hackers (mostly) write code, so I don't think they're privy to this.
I can ask, of course.