Question about (cypher)Twitter

silky michaelslists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:07:43 PST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Tyler Durden
<camera_lumina at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Possibly this answers it. But it would require being able to send that RSS
> feed into the TOR cloud, which I will admit to not knowing if such is possible
> with minimal ScriptFu.
>
> Basically, what I'm wondering is, if someone gets ahold of a twitter
> distribution list, is it possible to create enough of a cloud so as to remove
> the possibility of authorities coming to visit the subscriber?

I think this is trivially possible with, well, just the twitter rss
feeds. But, with yahoo pipes you make *them* follow the rss feeds, and
you watch the output of that. In that way, you aren't directly linked
to them, yahoo is, and they'd need to follow the pipe and see who owns
it/visits it. But if you make it public, it's visitable by anyone. And
I don't think yahoo requires any personal info.

Of course, the idea with the pipes is that you could forward the data
around a bit, munge it, mix it in with some other services, perhaps
encrypt or what-not. But I've not gone to town on what is available
with them.

Are you thinking specifically about the request for info on Wikileaks
followers? If you just follow the public RSS of that twitter account
(assuming it is public) surely they don't have any info on you,
because you haven't had to join twitter to do that. I must admit, I
don't have much of an idea of how twitter handles that stuff, as I
haven't used it for a few years.

--
silky