Question about (cypher)Twitter

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Fri Jan 14 23:13:10 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 21:47 -0500, Tyler Durden wrote:
> OK, those remaining aged and frail cypherpunks can bash me for not being
> current...
>
> But are there TOR or other-based services that can (kinda) anonymize (for
> instance) twitter subscriptions?

Twitter is accessible via Tor; they have done nothing to block it. Or am
I misunderstanding your question?

Unless you plan to follow protected accounts, you don't need to actually
sign up for a Twitter account to keep up with anyone. Each Twitter
account has an RSS feed for that account, which does not need
authentication with a Twitter account to access.

Interesting note: not that long ago, Twitter actually used your
authentication info against you and obstructed attempts to read single
tweets from accounts that had you blocked, and for a while even the
entire feed of accounts blocking you. They have since given up their
pathetic attempt to imitate Facebook's (dangerously overpowered, IMO)
block function.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>