Assange as the Stainless Steel Rat

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Jan 5 23:16:31 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 10:04:42AM -0500, John Young wrote:
> The deals negotiated among WL and the MSM will make great reading
> in the slacker colleges someday but not so long as they are laying
> golden eggs. Off the grid is where the real money flows. As is often
> yelled in this very iniquitous den.

A friend mentioned this discussion to me, and, egads, I found out I'm
still subscribed to this list after all these years.

John Young is more right than he knows (or, being John, he may know
more about this than the rest of us).

This Vanity Fair article posted a few hours ago makes for some
interesting reading about the carefully curated, not always civil,
relationship between WL and the MSM:
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2011/02/the-guardian-201102?printable=true

-Declan