[p2p-hackers] on mobile meshes

Adam Fisk adamfisk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 00:56:20 PST 2011

I somehow missed all the discussion of Egypt here, so I apologize for
coming late to the game. There's *a lot* of work on the mesh and
mobile side that's been happening largely separately but in parallel
to p2p development over the last 10 years or so. The best I know of is
from Sascha Meinrath and the people over at OTI. Have a look here, for
example:

http://www.saschameinrath.com/2011/feb/18/gigaom_covers_otis_mesh_work_building_technology_stack_internet_freedom

There's also a great deal of activity in the censorship circumvention
world surrounding all these issues, with most of the funding coming
directly from State.

As an aside, there are rumors that the Egyptian communications
minister pulled the plug at the IXP in Egypt as the lessor of two
evils with the other option being monitoring, geolocating, and
arresting all dissidents at the behest of Egyptian intelligence.

-Adam

--
Adam Fisk
http://www.littleshoot.org | http://adamfisk.wordpress.com |