US Warships jamming Lebanon Internet

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 12:35:49 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 5:33 AM, John Young <jya at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Speaking of coding, what's the latest on open source crypto, has it
> been co-opted like the US masterspy claims, or disinfos?

the latest is same as it ever was: cheaper, easier, more effective to
end-run 'round the crypto bits and attack implementation, human
factors.

never a shortage of serious vulns there...

(at least MITRE and NSA and FIWC and everyone else are finally
admitting we all get hacked no matter the protections - just a matter
of when, how much effort, how deep, and how persistent the
penetration)

on the ITAR side, haven't heard any ramblings about digital crypto
munitions. who knows when/if they'll pick up that truncheon again...
(i know they reserved the right to regulate, but has anyone made any
noise about it?)