PunkBuster overly zealous?

lodewijk andré de la porte lodewijkadlp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 15:47:15 PST 2011

short: yes, isolated machine.

It's aggressive alright. It keeps track of anything running on your pc and
get's really excited when some kinds of injections happen. It doesn't
really help either, but it might help some. It might also send information
about unknown or risky software and track your computer in order to try and
block stuff you could use to affect your game. They don't really speak
about what it does though.

I doubt it's a backdoor'd piece of spy software but if you're the paranoid
type (of you have a reason you need to be) I'd stay away from it. Then
again, if you're that type, why are you in Windows? If you can defend that
and paranoia (please send us the text, otherwise write "How I learned to
stop worrying and love insecurity") boot into your "non-serious" install
that doesn't use encrypted disks and whatnot.