[cryptography] Introducing DM-Steg: Deniable encryption for Linux

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Fri Dec 2 17:10:18 PST 2011

On Fri, 2 Dec 2011, Leo Samulis wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I'd like to introduce DM-Steg. It's a Linux device mapper module that
> provides deniable/steganographic encryption. DM-Steg provides similar
> capabilities to Rubberhose (a now defunct project by Julian Assange et
> al.) and more advanced deniable encryption than Truecrypt.

It's been a very long time since I've heard Rubberhose kicked around these
parts, but wasn't it specifically designed to provide deniability through
the production of a "false key" which provided an alternative decryption
that appeared to be "all the data" via the false key (while leaving the
actual secret data unencrypted)?

//Alif

--
I hate Missouri.  Land of the free, home of the perjuriously deranged.