Human Genes Can Be Patented

lodewijk andré de la porte lodewijkadlp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:34:31 PDT 2011

It takes an inventor's time (thus money) to invent it, you can patent it.
Since these people invented a special test, the testing of that sequence for
mutations, akin to testing metal integrity sonically, patenting it makes
perfect sense.
More sense than patenting mathematical operations at the very least. About
as much sense as many software patents. How much sense we're talking about
here isn't actually relevant, it's international law mixed with so much
money that it's not going to change without a fight.

-Lewis