75 year old woman destroys Georgian, Armenian Internet

Robert Steele robert.david.steele.vivas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:09:44 PDT 2011

This is a known old mind-set flaw that I and others have been talking about
since the very early 1990's.  You know as well as I do that redunancy is
vital.  That is why it is so idiotic for AT&T to continue to put  the
redundant air traffic control cable in the same ditch as the original, or
why it is idiocy to put your backup magnetic tapes (back in the day) on a
shelf in the same room as your computers.

Here is the original threat slide from that era,

Graphic: Cyber-Threat
101<http://www.phibetaiota.net/2011/04/2010/12/graphic-cyber-threat-101/>

We are still our own worst enemy, and the US Govenrment, in our name, is
about to waste $12 billion a year on cyber-war instead of cyber-reliability.

In Australia a guy took a chain saw to the cable linking all of Northern
Australia, entering through a clearly marked manhole cover.

I used a slide  for many years where Cable Crossing was replaced by a sign
that said "Cut Here."

Governments and corporations are simply not serious about sustainability.
The Dutch, on the other hand, do get it, and Richard Cook's work in that
arena is sensationally useful.

Reference: Building National Knowledge InfrastructurebHow Dutch Pragmatism
Nurtures a 21st Century Economy (The Cook Report on Internet
Protocol)<http://www.phibetaiota.net/2011/03/reference-building-national-knowledge-infrastructure-how-dutch-pragmatism-nurtures-a-21st-century-economy-the-cook-report-on-internet-protocol/>Reference:
Cook Report on Internet
Protocol<http://www.phibetaiota.net/2011/03/reference-cook-report-on-internet-protocol/>

----- End forwarded message -----