[bitcoin-list] Bitcoin 0.3.12 is released

theymos theymos at mm.st
Wed Sep 8 09:12:38 PDT 2010

Someone on IRC said that they'd like to be notified of new versions through a mailing list, so I thought I'd start reposting Satoshi's version announcements here. Hopefully no one finds this annoying...

http://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=999.0

Version 0.3.12 is now available.

Features:
- json-rpc errors return a more standard error object. (thanks to Gavin Andresen)
- json-rpc command line returns exit codes.
- json-rpc "backupwallet" command.
- Recovers and continues if an exception is caused by a message you received.  Other nodes shouldn't be able to cause an exception, and it hasn't happened before, but if a way is found to cause an exception, this would keep it from being used to stop network nodes.

If you have json-rpc code that checks the contents of the error string, you need to change it to expect error objects of the form {"code":<number>,"message":<string>}, which is the standard.  See this thread:
http://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=969.0

Download:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/bitcoin-0.3.12/

----- End forwarded message -----