Money in a closed ecosystem

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Mon Oct 18 07:36:49 PDT 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Sarad AV wrote:

> That brings us to the obvious question, why not use something like a debit
> card hooked to a central network? Why does hard currency have to flow?

Trust for one.  As little as I trust the Dollar, I trust a plastic card
accessing a network representation of that Dollar even less.

> Will not the time and effort be far lesser, in case of the former?

Certainly, but is the value there?

> Thanks,
> Sarad.

//Alif

--
"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to

Joseph Pulitzer, 1907 Speech