Facebook is spooking me - privacy concerns

Sarad AV jtrjtrjtr2001 at yahoo.com
Sat May 1 22:07:59 PDT 2010

--- On Sun, 5/2/10, StealthMonger <StealthMonger at nym.mixmin.net> wrote:
[...]
> From: StealthMonger <StealthMonger at nym.mixmin.net>
>
> Sarad AV <jtrjtrjtr2001 at yahoo.com>
> writes:
>
> > ... i really donot wish to be identified through the
> facebook
> > account ...
>
> What expectation of privacy do you have, using facebook?

Yes, its not a https connection. Infact, most of us are conscious of what we say on facebook. we are aware of the unknown element of being pried on without our knowledge.

  Allowing other sites to recognize us through our facebook account is a bit scary. we don't even know that the site we are visiting is affiliated to facebook or if it will identify us through our Facebook account.
    A cookie may keep track of me or some info may leak from the browser - it doesn't matter much (to me). It doesn't give out the IDENTITY of the end user. Facebook here totally nails your identity to what you are looking at.
  I was expecting a Facebook privacy option to turn off this identification feature while visiting facebook affiliated sites.

Sarad.