[p2p-hackers] Alpha testers needed

Will Morton macavity at well.com
Mon Jun 14 10:51:17 PDT 2010

Hello p2p hackers;

My project has now reached an alpha stage and I could really use some testers.

The project is called robonobo.  It's a music network built on a
networking layer that uses digital cash to achieve fairness and high
performance, which translates into reliably being able to stream
enough data to be able to play tracks in real time even though the
underlying network is p2p.

Although the UI is 'streaming-like', the underlying music files for
tracks are also downloaded to the user's hard drive.  The app syncs
these files automatically with iTunes if desired, and there is a
plugin interface that should make it quite easy to sync with other
music apps.

The app should work reasonably well, though it is still very much in
an 'alpha' state.  It is designed to be highly scalable, but some
parts of the network are not yet finished and so have unscalable shims
holding things together.  For this reason it's invite-only at the
moment, though the source is fully available should anyone want to
poke about at it.

The project page is here:
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/robonobo and an overview for
developers is here:
http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:Robonobo

If anyone is interested in taking a look, please register at
http://robonobo.com - alternatively, drop me a line and I'll send you
an invite.

Cheers

Will