Markets are efficient if and only if P = NP

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Tue Feb 23 05:27:04 PST 2010

From: "Rayservers" <rayservers at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Markets are efficient if and only if P = NP

> Chuckle. He would better spend his time  analyzing if "money out of
> nothing" =
> something.... and what its effects on the resultant so-called "market" is.

I disagree, its actually useful, in a particularly odd way. The
profitability of hedge funds says that the markets are not efficient (one of
their founding principles). So the inability of a massive multiprocessing
system to build proper market efficiency indicates that no one currently has
a solution to prove P=NP. There is also far more money in economic research
than in algorithmic research, so anyone who manages to bring the market to
being efficient will in fact have proven P=NP long before the algorithm is
known. From a security standpoint this is extremely valuable information.
Maybe Maymin should apply the same processes and become a hedge fund
manager, they make a lot more money than mere engineers.
                Joe