"I Write Mass Surveillance Software"

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Thu Sep 17 08:05:14 PDT 2009

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> Black-helicopter mode sidestepping would be having pre-arranged back
> doors in popular operating systems or client software.

Yes: Remember NT4's infamous "NSA Key" field (never proven to be active
as far as I know, but if it's there, I don't believe its not active.

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer
1907 Speech