[Fwd: [p2p-research] Slashdot | Federal Judge Says E-mail Not Protected By 4th Amendment]

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Fri Oct 30 08:56:32 PDT 2009

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Europus wrote:

> StealthMonger wrote:
> > "J.A. Terranson" <measl at mfn.org> writes:
> >
> > > I wonder what would happen to people like myself, who are both the ISP and
> > > the "account holder"?  It would appear this is fertile grounds for
> > > throwing a rock in the gears.
> >
> > Or people who just take incoming mail straight to their site by SMTP.
> > It's not even necessary to "be an ISP".
> >
> > Or who encrypt the mail.
> >
> > Where should the rock be thrown?
>
> Into a safety deposit box which the judge is then beaten with.
> They still need a subpoena to open one of those, don't they?

Not in the UK they dont.

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer
1907 Speech