UK jails schizophrenic for refusal to decrypt files

Ted Smith teddks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 07:03:10 PST 2009

I don't know if this man's bravery is due to his "schizophrenia" (seemed
pretty normal to me, but I suppose this article is hardly an adequate
source) or just good old-fashion badassery.

This would be a Cypherpunk Bingo dream: arrest for crimethink books,
arrest for refusal to give up a key, maintaining silence in the face of
prosecution, "the terrorists are going to use this",
guilty-until-proven-innocent "nobody will know you don't have child
porn", and finally:

> One file encrypted using software from the German firm Steganos was
> cracked, but investigators found only another PGP container.

Beautiful.