managing and protecting nyms...

Roy M. Silvernail roy at rant-central.com
Fri Nov 6 12:59:42 PST 2009

John Case wrote:

> I suspect there is a Zookos-Triangle-like constraint on having anonymity
> and reputation simultaneously.  Which is to suggest that I think it is
> possible, but that there will be some kind of limiting or
> inconveniencing factor...

I don't think so.  Anonymity means having no traceable connection to an
identity.  Reputation requires that a series of communications be
traceable back to some unique entity.  This is the classic Detweiler
'nymity' argument.  Reputation not tied to a meatspace identity must be
tied to a persistent pseudonym.  Otherwise, no reputation capital accrues.

Hey, it's great to relive the classics! :)
--
Roy M. Silvernail is roy at rant-central.com, and you're not
"It's just this little chromium switch, here." - TFT