managing and protecting nyms...

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Nov 6 04:17:07 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 06:51:36AM +0000, John Case wrote:

> My threat model is an unknown future adversary with unpredictable
> motivations.

Weird. I can think of many current adversaries with very simple
motivations I can do very little to nothing about. This assymmetry
will only grow further in future, since the concentration of smarter,
more vulnerable hardware will only get larger, and the delta
between my and their capabilities will only grow wider.

My only protection is that I'm not doing anything which could
draw their (not meaning flatfeet or gumshoes here) attention.

> I imagine it's like that weird random sand-walking the Fremen do.  It
> becomes second nature after a while.  Wait, was that nym-leakage ?

Here's hoping you'll never have to find out.