managing and protecting nyms...

John Case case at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Nov 5 22:51:36 PST 2009

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, StealthMonger wrote:

>> - establishing a distinct user account, on a different provider, for each
>> topic I discuss.  For instance, this nym only discusses
>> encryption/"yro"/tor subjects.
>
> Are you suggesting that you're not using a nym server [3] for your
> nyms?!
>
> What's your threat model again?

I don't use a nym-server.  Usually.  There are other ways to get
comparable anonymity.

Cardinal Richelieu: "If one would give me six lines written by the hand of
the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged."

My threat model is an unknown future adversary with unpredictable
motivations.

>> - Scrubbing my language of certain idiosyncratic phraseology or blatant
>> aspects of "style" ... favored slang, etc.  Perhaps even purposefully bad
>> grammar in finer points of grammar that most people get wrong - so as to
>> keep the "correct" forms from being identifiable.
>
> A worthy but difficult thing to do.

I imagine it's like that weird random sand-walking the Fremen do.  It
becomes second nature after a while.  Wait, was that nym-leakage ?