Jim Bell Demands Right to File Patents

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri May 15 11:08:47 PDT 2009

Can it be that prison guards are actually trying to steal his ideas? I swear
that seems farfetched. Rather, I'd think it was a way for them to just screw
over another prisoner and let him know who's in charge. It costs money to
patent an invention, unless you know how yourself, and then you only have a
patent not a check you can deposit in your bank account.

The again, what isn't too farfetched in Bell's case is that he's actually
developed something as interesting as AP and someone far outside the system is
trying to interfere with it somehow, using some local leverage.

Meanwhile, the annouced personal freedom conference in late June in NYC is
looking like a cypherpunks reunion.

> Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 16:11:48 -0400
> To: rah at shipwright.com
> From: jya at pipeline.com
> Subject: Re: Jim Bell Demands Right to File Patents
> CC: cypherpunks at al-qaeda.net
>
> Jim has about two years to go, with whatever time off his
> exemplary behavior warrants.
>
> The good news is that he has had bountiful time to develop
> an invention which he claims will make billions of dollars,
> transform science as much as the discovery of the atom,
> and, most happily, render governments into gibbering
> gangs of synchophants rabid to serve him myrrh.
>
> If the vermin don't steal his intellectual property, which
> he avers is near certain.
>
> Could be Jim is gestating a chem-bio virus for the
> varmints to gobble.

Hotmail. has a new way to see what's up with your friends.
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/WhatsNew?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutoria
l_WhatsNew1_052009