When the Economy Really Did ‘Fall Off a Cliff’

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Mon Mar 23 09:09:10 PDT 2009

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Ian G wrote:

> > It'll probably take a crash government *can't* fix to prove that point,
> > however, and we may be here now.
>

> I think it an open question as to whether "the government" fixes any real
> crash ... of course they run around in circles and declare victory as fast as
> they can talk.  But do they fix anything?  Do they ever make anything better?

Sometimes... Usually accidental, such as with SB1386.

> I can think of one positive law / fix in recent history, being SB1386.  That
> stands out like a sore thumb, everything else has been wasteful or made things
> worse.

*Everything*?  Even the lawmakers themselves dont read the laws they pass
any more: you're telling us that YOU do?  Please, tell us what we've
missed, cause nobody else can!!!

//Alif

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer
1907 Speech